So, I’m attempting to make flyers for my sister’s salon which will be opening in a few months. I want to find a decent graphic to use. I’ve found a ton of good ones like what I want (simple line drawings, not photos) but apparently “stock image” doesn’t always mean free on the internet. Anyone know any websites where I could find some nice line drawings for free?
The Abortion Assistance Blog is picking up speed, with offers now from 37 states and 5 Canadian provinces! According to my updated spreadsheet, here are the tallies:
- California is in the lead with 6 offers of transportation to/from the clinic
- Texas is leading with 5 offers of somewhere to stay for people traveling overnight
- California and Montana are tied with 2 offers for child care
Here are the areas that are still waiting for help:
- New Hampshire
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Of course, just because your area isn’t on the list doesn’t mean there aren’t people there who need your help. If you or someone you know can offer transportation, lodging, child care, or funding for someone’s abortion or travel costs, please contact the Abortion Assistance Blog through the Ask or Submit boxes, email, or Twitter.
Thanks to everyone who has participated so far!
I just get nervous when I walk from the bar to my car (the one night I go out to the bar) even though it’s in a really peaceful small town and the 5 minute walk is very well lit.
I live in NH, if that helps.
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- I've been looking for this everywhere.
http://healingquotes.tumblr.com/ (now abandoned, but a lot of good stuff there)
Forums and such:
http://deadfaerie69.conforums.com/index.cgi (Eating Disorder focused, is not pro anything, but there is a thinspiration section which you may want to avoid. Warning: it’s mostly a lot of cis women, but from experience I know they are very nice.)
http://www.dartheart.org/ (haven’t done much here but I’ve heard good things)
http://www.shareascare.com/ (a bit inactive/small at the moment)
http://overcomingsexualabuse.com/forum/#/ (Their FB page has a lot more activity, if you are okay with the public nature of it)
Did you hear? The House voted to bar Planned Parenthood from federal funding. They cut funding for HIV tests, cancer screenings, birth control, and more, putting millions of women and families at risk. It’s time for you and me to stand with Planned Parenthood. Sign the open letter to the reps who voted for this bill — and to the senators who still have a chance to stop it.